Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Obedience to parents

Assalamu alaikum girls :)

I hope you enjoyed our last halaqah with sr. Hajira. I would like you to share your feedback here, what did you think of the halaqah? did it help you change towards your parents?

The halaqah reminded me of how important our parents are, it made me realize that we should listen to them no matter how hard it is for us (as long as they are not telling us to do something against our religion of course! :)). The amount of rewards we get for listening to our parents and making them happy is better than attending a lecture or halaqah that they might prevent us from going to, subhanAllah!

InshaAllah I will try to ask sr. Hajira to join us again next month for another talk. Please don't forget to suggest more topics for our upcoming halaqahs.

wassalamu alaikum,
Dana

4 comments:

sky said...

hmm..how about remembrance of Allah in our daily activities, like waiting at a red light or on line somewhere.

loveforallah said...

yeah...i like homa's suggestion. and also, effects of what we injest. like...how we should be more careful with what we eat and how haraam food will hinder our progress in the deen. What we can do to avoid eating from non-halal places...becuase although we would order fish or something, we do not know what went on in the kitchen(cross contamination. maybe they cook it on the same grill as the haraam meat or even pork...dont change their gloves before handlign our food, etc) Avoiding things from bakeries with vanilla extract(alcohol) etc...I only recently found out that SO MUCH of what I was eating was not the most pure/tayyub. I feel like theres a lot more I can learn....and also the effects of not being careful with our food would motivate us all to strive harder in this dept insha Allah.

but can we do this during spring break so im theree?? :)

salam
amina :)

Anonymous said...

I really like Homa jaan's topic on rememberance of Allah.

Dana Atiyat said...

SubhanAllah, we'll actually talk briefly about what Homa and Amina mentioned this week. Our topic will be: Guarding the tongue inshaAllah. I hope to see you all there. I wish you could join us Amina :)